skip to Main Content
Adoptions are very happy work for us.


I can assist you with three types of adoptions.

  • Step-parent adoptions
  • Private or independent placement adoptions
  • Agency adoptions (whether private or through the Department of Social Services).

If you are considering putting your child up for adoption, I can help you coordinate the paperwork and the consents necessary to accomplish the placement.

If you are the adoptive parent(s), I can help you obtain the home study (if required) and file the appropriate pleadings. If necessary, I can help to arrange for the biological parents to be represented by counsel in connection with obtaining their consent. I can also advise you as to whether or not a consent is required under the circumstances of your case. At the adoption, the child’s name can also be changed.

In the event the biological father is unknown or cannot be found, I can also advise you of your options in connection with finalizing the adoption.

Afterwards, I can assist you in obtaining a new birth certificate for the child, if necessary.

Adoptions are “happy law”–we love them!

Back To Top